Compass Compression is recruiting a Project Manager for our growing engineering team in Calgary. The role of our Project Managers is to ensure the success of the project from purchase order stage through to unit completion with the package ready to deliver on time and within budget without compromising quality and excellence in customer service. This is a more technical role where Project Managers partner with the designers, fabrication, and all other cross functional teams to ensure the success of the project.
- Understanding and implementing project scope and client specifications
- Sizing and selection of system components
- Development of Bill of Materials
- Interacting with the Project Designer to produce all assembly and fabrication drawings
- Sign off of all drawings ensuring their accuracy and completeness
- Maintain your engineer and design schedule
- Issue change orders and revised schedule for customer requested scope changes
- Liaise with shop staff to ensure accuracy/quality of final product
- Assist with Service Department for unit commissioning
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, or equivalent
- P.Eng or working towards the designation an asset
- 2 to 5 years experience in gas compression or rotary equipment fabrication environment
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Hands on collaborative approach with design and fabrication
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.